If you are on this email list – you know it in your bones.
You’ve lived it.
You’ve read the books, sought out the experts, tried the food plans....and yet here you are: possibly struggling with weight, definitely fighting food & your body, desiring health and ease but feeling like you can’t get out of your own way.
- "Not one study has ever shown that diets produce long-term weight loss for any but a tiny numbers of dieters. Not one" - Linda Bacon
- Dieters are 8 times more likely to suffer from an eating disorder by the age of 15.
- Restricting ourselves, in any way, slows our metabolism and increases our hunger, particularly for fatty, sugary foods. This is a hormonal survival mechanism beyond our control.
- Restrained eaters (i.e. people who restrict themselves) are more likely to emotionally eat, binge eat, and engage in "what the hell" thinking (i.e. loss of control over eating after "violating" the rules of the diet/clean-eating plan).
- Weight cycling (yo-yoing) is proving to be more destructive to health than "extra" weight is.
- Restrictive eating damages our internal thermostat (the physiological mechanisms by which our body likes to maintain our weight).
- Dieting gradually erodes confidence and self-trust.
Based on your personal experience AND the data, I think it’s pretty clear that DIET’s DON’T Work…that the current culturally encouraged methods for weight loss are ineffective (at best) and completely detrimental at worst.
So why do we keep doing the same things? Why do we keep going to the same, ineffective, tools? Why do keep playing the same broken record?
“Other” has never been an option on the multiple choice test of weight loss, eating well, and having a beautiful body....
No one has ever said to you – hey! All that control you’re trying to exert…THAT is the problem. That's the thing making you feel out of control! It’s not your fault, you were given the WRONG directions!!!!!
On the contrary, the more out of control we feel, the more we're encouraged to try harder, get it together, find our will power, BE BETTER.
It is a given in our culture that we SHOULD continue to strive to lose weight.
That we SHOULD use food restriction/manipulation to control intake.
We SHOULD use exercise to control energy output.
We SHOULD strive for weight loss because lower weight = health.
We SHOULD be striving to get control of our health at all costs!!! How could we not, IT’S HEALTH??
It’s a given that we SHOULD try to control everything.
Except that, when it comes to the human body, trying to control our survival instincts and biological functions is a losing game - it quickly and predictably triggers very out of control feelings and behaviours.
So what are you going to do?
Keep googling paleo recipes?
More ups and downs with weight AND mood AND energy AND confidence?
How much longer can you go on like this without making a change?
I CAN GIVE YOU THE ALTERNATIVE.
I can help you let go of control.
Make peace with food.
Find abundant, joyful, radiant health – that doesn’t make you feel like you need to change your body or values or give up all the things you love.
I can help you enjoy and appreciate your body...and it needn't take long.
Give me a few months and I'll give you a new way of living.
Read More about the group program HERE and 1:1 program HERE.
I'd be THRILLED to work with you.